Wednesday, July 16, 2014

The Haven Conference & A Little Down Time

I'm not even going to try to explain where I've been since Easter but I will share where I've been the last few days (in case you were wondering).

For those of you who might not be familiar with the Haven Conference, it's a conference that is held in Atlanta, Georgia for roughly 350 bloggers (a lot of great DIY "stuff" but also very informative  about blogging, in general).


I missed the Haven Conference last year because I was a fairly new blogger and didn't find out about it until tickets were already sold out. This year I ordered my ticket early to guarantee a spot.







It was great to meet bloggers that I already follow and some new ones as well.

Wendy, me, AmyClaire


Our days were jam packed with lots of breakout sessions, vendors, and even the awesome Chip Wade from The Elbow Room, as our key note speaker.  There were lots of fun activities and challenges as well as many, many giveaways.  I was fortunate to win an Adirondack chair from Thompson's Water Seal which I promise to share once it arrives.

There were so many great things I learned from several bloggers as well as other professionals in the blogging world.



We did have some free time in the evening which I spent with my husband who was so sweet to take me to the conference.  We were heading back to the hotel from dinner when we turned a corner and stumbled upon one of my favorite organizing stores....well, you know, I just had to stop.




I only had about 30 minutes before the store was closing so I moved fast!  One of the items that I came across were these storage containers and I knew exactly where I was going to use them.  Always keep measurements with you when you are searching for an item.  You never know when you are going to find that perfect "thing" and have to leave it because you're just not sure if its going to fit.




Last year I reorganized my kitchen pantry which I posted about here.  I used these nifty turntables on the bottom shelf but was never really satisfied with how they worked (or didn't work, more appropriately).  I've been on the hunt for something else that would utilize the space better.








The new containers fit perfectly! 




I also purchased some very inexpensive dividers that are sold separately to keep our coffee sorted better.



I buy my coffee pods from Coffee Cow because they offer some pretty good savings and they have a lot of different items to choose from!



Last Christmas, my thoughtful husband gave me a Silhouette Cameo that I used to make new labels for all of my containers.  I couldn't be happier with the new & improved pantry.


Oh, and did I mention that I got to meet the amazing KariAnne from Thistlewood Farms while I was at Haven?



My trip was complete! I wonder what exciting things next year's conference will bring!!!

Have a great day!

Kim 



No comments: