Friday, August 30, 2013

Some Time Away

Follow my blog with Bloglovin



It finally happened...

He really did it.

My hubby actually took a full week of vacation.

Eden Condominiums


And I soaked in every minute of sunshine, clouds, rain, and whatever else was going to come our way.  I actually got nine uninterrupted days (well other than the occasional phone call or 100+ emails) of relaxing, fun time with my awesome husband.

Eden Condominiums


We watched sunrises and sunsets.  We drank lots of coffee and maybe an adult beverage here or there.  We spent time at the pool and walks on the beach (one of my most favorite things).

Eden Condominiums


One early evening we even enjoyed a double rainbow.  By the time I raced back up to the room to grab my camera, one of the rainbows had already disappeared and this was what I was able to capture of the other one.

Eden Condominiums


However, here's what was waiting for me on the bayside of the condo.

Eden Condominiums


I'm always struck by the Lord's beauty that envelopes me when I am at the beach.

I was standing out on the balcony taking these pictures when a man, named Charlie introduced himself to us as our neighbor.  He actually lives in the condo next door to where we were staying.

I kinda chuckled inside when he said "neighbor" and thought, "no, Charlie, I'm not so lucky that I would be living here as a permanent resident."  And then, after talking with Charlie for a little while,  I realized he was alone.  He never told me if he was divorced or widowed, but it was clear that he was alone.

Eden Condominiums


After my husband and I went back inside we talked for a bit about Charlie being able to enjoy the beauty of the beach everyday.  And then we both got quiet for a short while.  I'm not sure what Calvin (the hubbs) was thinking, but for me...

I was thinking about how lucky I am to have Calvin, and all of my family in my life.

I was thinking about how lucky I am to not be alone.

Eden Condominiums


It was another one of those moments where I paused and thanked God for blessing me with a great husband, children and family.

Happy Friday and Happy Labor Day Weekend!





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! Everything looks amazing! Thanks for the inspiration.