Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Favorite Things Tuesday

Welcome Back My Friends to: 

Favorite Things Tuesday


greeting card



Are you one of those people that frequents greeting card shops?  


Do you find yourself laughing in the aisle out loud at one of those Shoe Box greeting cards and then looking around to see if anyone noticed your outburst?


Before you know it time has passed and you are standing at the checkout with a handful of cards that you just couldn't leave without.


Chances are you have just the right person in mind for each one but not necessarily the right time to give to them.




greeting card


You get home and they end up  in a pile somewhere with hopes that you will be able to put your hands on them when you need them!

I am one of those people!

While I was in search of containers for a client not too long ago, I came across this card holder.



greeting card

 It has six dividers with a tab that you can put custom labels on to keep your cards in separate categories.


greeting card


I gathered up my piles of cards and put them in stacks by card type, making labels for each category. 


I made five labels for the categories that I had the most cards for and then a miscellaneous one for all of the others.




label maker


I also purged some that lost envelopes along the way or just no longer made sense to keep.






There's something about sitting down to write a note to that special someone either for a birthday, a milestone, or just to let them know you are thinking of them.



greeting card



And that, my friends, is one of my favorite things!

Happy Tuesday!

Kim

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Loving this container for cards and different types of stationary I have too! Do you remember where you got it?

Unknown said...

Good morning Kelly!

So glad you asked this question because I should have put it in my post.

Yes, I do remember where I got the card storage container. I got it from http://www.joann.com/card-keeper/zprd_11736022a/. Be sure and bring a coupon along!!! It is from the Iris line.

Thanks for stopping by!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the great idea!