Thursday, April 4, 2013

Little Visits


Today marks the one year anniversary of my mother’s passing.  She was a big part of my life, especially the last three years prior to her death when she lived in the same town with me and two of my sisters.  I think that old saying “it will get better with time” really isn’t quite right.  I can’t say that it has gotten any better, I just think I am learning to live with the loss.



My mom had a lot of love around her, so many children, grandchildren and great grandchildren.  She and my dad were such a wonderful example of what true love is and should be.

Mom and Dad were especially fond of cardinals and hummingbirds and I could share many stories of their little visits and how they appear right at the moment when I would hear myself saying “I sure would love to know what Mom would think about this”.  I choose to believe that her presence is all around me, through my family, my children, and yes, even through the birds…..







If you are fortunate to have a parent(s)  still alive, pick up the phone or go by and visit with them if you can.  They have so much wisdom to offer and it will make their day!  You could be surprised, and it might even make your day too!

Thanks for stopping by!

Kim

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this story. I saw a male and female cardinal on the rooftop of Cory's car this morning.

Pege