Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Car Organization Kit


For many of us, our car is our home away from home.  Whether we are running kids around from school to activities to doctors’ offices, or we are just driving to and from work, we spend A LOT of time in our cars.

Just as we enjoy our homes being organized, the same goes for our car.

Here’s a list of items that I thought would be helpful in getting and keeping the car organized as well as good to have on those lengthy road trips.  You can certainly add or omit items that are more catered to your needs.   

  1. Disinfectant Wipes (I recently read that gas pump handles carries some of the worst germs you can imagine.)  Kind of makes you want to run out and buy wipes right now, huh?
2.   Band aids

3.   Nail clipper & nail files

4.   Tweezers

5.   Kleenex

6.   Toothbrush & toothpaste

7.   Ziploc bags (just in case someone gets carsick)

8.   Small flashlight or emergency beamer

9.   Travel size packages of “tummy ache” and “headache” medicines

10. Tide Pen/Shout Wipes

11. Small sewing kit

12. Toothpicks

Here is what my kit looks like:
Car Organization


Car Organization

Car Organization



Since I don’t have any little ones for now, I don’t have a need for organizing books, games, toys, snacks, etc. but here are a few kits I found online and wanted to share.




You can even use a small shoe organizer like this one from the dollar store:



It’s also a great idea to have a small trash can in your car.   This will keep your car tidy of all those little things that tend to make our car look so dirty on the inside.  I  recently purchased a new portable vacuum that makes keeping the floor boards clean quick and easy.
So, what’s your car looking like today?  Take some before and after pictures and email us at oisfororganize@gmail.com.


Happy Organizing!!


4 comments:

Leslie @ Lamberts Lately said...

This is a fantastic idea! This would be great to link-up to my Create It Thursday post...it's live now! http://www.lambertslately.com/2013/05/create-it-thursday-2-plus-features.html

Unknown said...

Hi Leslie! Thanks for stopping by! I'm sorry I missed your Create It Thursday post last week but I will be sure to link up this next Thursday! Thanks for the invite!!

I am also following you now and would love for you to start following me back!

Thanks Kim

Anonymous said...

Where did you get your container from?

Unknown said...

I found that one at JoAnn's Fabrics but I think Hobby Lobby carries it also. Hope that helps!
Thanks for stopping by!

Kim